Sign in to MS Office 365Follow us on twitter  Follow us on Linkedin

Press Room

3W Networks to provide telecommunication support services for Oman Gas Company backbone network

Oman Gas Company S.A.O.C. (OGC) is a major gas transportation company in Oman involved in the transmission and distribution of natural gas, through a large network of gas pipelines, compressor stations and gas supply stations.

OGC’s pipeline network is spread across the country with more than 2,300 kms of high pressure transmission pipelines and ancillary facilities covering Fahud, Muscat, and Sohar in the north and from Saih Rawl to Salalah in the south of the country.

OGC has an extensive fibre optic based communications system providing critical Voice, Data and IP services for the operation of its pipeline infrastructure and for business support purposes. The Network comprises of GE TN1U SDH equipment to provide IP services to various pipeline locations and regional offices. The GE TN1U SDH equipment operates at STM‐4 transmission rate, providing Ethernet over SDH.

3W Networks has been selected to provide Telecommunication Support Services for the GE Backbone Network via an annual maintenance contract. 3W Networks will provide Support Services to OGC via its 24 X 7 Technical Assistance Center (TAC) located in UAE. The scope of the maintenance contract includes Telephone Support and Remote Dial up of the Network Management System employed by OGC. 3W Networks will also provide at site maintenance support using its resident expert staff within the scope of the service level agreement.

3W Networks was selected because of its experience in maintaining similar networks in Yemen, Qatar and the UAE. 3W Networks is a regional partner of GE and has trained experts in the design, installation, commissioning and support of GE products.

About Oman Gas Company

OGC was established in August 2000 as a closed joint stock company between the Government of Oman represented by the Ministry of Oil & Gas holding 80% of the shares and Oman Oil company holding the remaining 20%. Royal Decree no. 78/2000 has granted the Company concession rights for 27 years to own, construct, maintain and operate natural gas facilities in the Sultanate of Oman. In 2008 OGC delivered nearly 7.9 Billion Sm3 of natural gas to its customers.